Tuesday 13 December 2011

Enduring the inoculations

Last week further details arrived from WaterAid about the trip. Included were Visa details and information on malaria and the dreaded jabs!  

Deciding to strike while the iron was hot (and prevent it from seeping conveniently to the back of my mind) I decided that there was no time like the present to get the first jabs out of the way!

So, off I trundled to see the nurse with an (unashamed) glint of fear in my eye – who likes injections?

Fortunately previous trips abroad and the inoculations I had as a child prevented the need for me to look like a temporary pin cushion, all that was required for this first trip was Hepatitis B, however I will need to return in the New Year for rabies and potentially a nice anti-cholera drink.

Maybe that is one reason to not want the New Year to come by too quickly!

1 comment:

  1. An anti-cholera drink? I have to say I think I would prefer a glass of Champers to see in the New Year but what ever floats your boat :)

    Hayley

    ReplyDelete