Saturday 11 February 2012

Weather in Zambia

As I prepare to begin packing, which will commence a little later, I have been looking at the weather forecast for the capital city, Lusaka.

Looking at the Met Office's predictions it's going to be a climate I've never experienced before.

The great news is that the temperatures are going to range from 25-29 degrees celcius in the capital (a blessing after the Baltic British weather of late), but on the flip side thunder storms are predicted daily along with torrential
rain showers. As you can imagine the humidity is going to be extremely high too!

I'm not complaining though, but it is going to make packing later extremely interesting as (and those who know me well know) I am a bug's equivalent of the finest irresistible chocolate! Therefore, covering up while remaining cool is going to be tough.

Testing the technology:

I'm am writing this post using my phone (as you can probably tell), a test of whether I can update this blog when/if I find a WIFI network becomes available. I have my fingers crossed that a, this will work (as writing this again would be a pain) and b, there will be occasional WIFI access (I'm not holding out too much hope on that one though!)

Right, I'm off to take my first Malaria tablet now!

No comments:

Post a Comment